Answered

Sonos stops Spotify music midway

• 29 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I am having issues with my sonos system ( 2x Sonos One Gen2 and 2x One SL). Both Sonos and Spotify apps are up to date. I also have just updated my entire Sonos system. Yet I am playing music from my spotify account using the Sonos app and I am playing the song on repeat (white noise for the kids) and crossfade.

The song plays for a good 30 min to an hour but then the music suddenly stops and I get a message either saying unable to play the selected title (though it was working fine for am hour) or it says, unable to connect to Spotify.

I have performed router reboot, and each individual sonos unit reboot. I have no interfering equipment that I know of. Please find here below the diagnostic report of my issue: 857191718.

Looking forward to your help. 

Arno

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 August 2021, 16:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I have the same issue with my 2 SL’s, one is wired the other is wireless. It will randomly just stop working. 

I bet this is a problem with the api between Sonos and Spotify. I run into same problems (can’t play, etc. ) but I’m convinced my system has nothing to do with the problem. 

https://status.sonos.com/?utm_source=embed

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Arnop08 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

The issue certainly seems to be outside of your system; there’s no interference and as the app has told you, the issue is with maintaining the connection with Spotify, which is repeated in the diagnostics.

As you’ve already rebooted (you did turn the router off for a good 30 seconds or so, I hope?), I can only recommend testing other sources - if they play without issue, then the problem is indeed likely to be with the connection to Spotify. This could be to do with their servers, your ISP or indeed a physical wire somewhere in the ground (Edit: this would affect all sources).

I don’t think you should try to reconfigure your Sonos system or network in any way. Have you noticed any other occasional hiccups on your network, with other devices?

As you’re just playing white noise, you could try playing the White Noise station on Sonos Radio HD instead (under Sleep Sounds, but only if you have Sonos Radio HD). Alternatively, you can add radio.net for free (Add a music service to Sonos) and find a white noise station on it (Search page in app, search Stations for “white noise”).

I hope this helps.