Answered

Sonos setup notifications won’t go away

• 30 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I have a number of devices with Sonos controller apps. There are a number of setup notifications that continually reappear after I have dismissed them. Specifically:

Add a voice assistant 

Try Sonos radio

Connect surrounds to Bathroom 

Connect surrounds to Garden

Each notification has a cross in the top right corner. If you select this the notification is dismissed. This gives you a feeling of control. However, some time later it reappears. These are effectively SPAM and I do not know what they are for. They appear on multiple devices.

I have contacted Sonos support and they are unable (or unwilling) to fix this. I have owned 17 Sonos devices over 10 years and am now fed up with these annoyances. Does anybody know how to stop Sonos SPAM and regain at least the appearance of personal control over products that I have spent a lot of time and money on. I don’t like the feeling of Sonos ignoring my choices. It would be better if they just inserted a permanent advertising banner than give users the illusion of choice.

Thanks for suggestions 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 30 April 2021, 12:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @harrysmith0 

Thanks for your post!

I appreciate that this must be frustrating.

We are aware of this issue that affects a small number of users and we are currently working on a resolution. At present, I have no information to share as to how long this will take.