Sonos Roam connectivity problems

• 17 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello all,

I recently got a Sonos Roam and have been disappointed that it has had constant connectivity problems. Often times it fails to connect, other times it says it’s connected and no sound comes out, other times while connected just tiny little bursts of sound come out of it, and sometimes it works properly. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to why it works sometimes but most often not. In any case, it’s far from the easy connection of other Sonos products that I was expecting. Has anyone else had this issue? Any tips on how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance,

Todd

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Do you experience the problems on WiFi and Bluetooth? Try rebooting the Roam following the steps below and rebooting your router:

1. Disconnect Roam from charging cables and remove it from wireless chargers.
  2. Hold the button on the back of Roam for at least five seconds until you hear the power-off tone and the light above the Sonos logo turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the button on the back of Roam to turn it back on.

You might be experiencing wireless interference. Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3286?language=en_US

This problem started with mine last Thursday. I've had mine for 6 months but last week, it isn't connected to my wifi nor is it in the app until I turn it off. Then I'll see it under system as turned off. I think the last update broke it.