Sonos One speaker crackling/static sound

• 3 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

Wondering if you could assist, my Sonos One speakers are attached to my Sonos Beam for the surround sound. Recently my left Sonos One has started to crackle / static sound when TV is muted or switched off.

I have repositioned the speaker and re-tuned it several times but it has not solved the issue.

I have run diagnostics with the reference: 528283216

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @daviesd407.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention and for submitting a diagnostic. Crackling /hissing sound on a Sonos speaker is not normal as it can indicate a ripped speaker or internal physical damage. Allow me to share with you my recommendation.

I would like to recommend contacting our technical support team for a more in-depth troubleshooting step or possible product replacement. We can also try to check TV audio quality and set it to PCM then observe if the issue still persists as well as try to play music on your Sonos system to check if the issue is also present. The diagnostic submitted did not register any hardware failure and shows normal functionalities. Not all internal physical damage can show on the diagnostic like for example a ripped or damaged speaker film would not register. contacting our technical support team as well as taking a video or a record of the sound may help a lot in identifying what the root cause of the issue is and what would be the best solution.

Please let us know how it goes and do, keep me posted.

Thanks,