Sonos one cannot connect to Spotify

• 28 December 2020
  • 4 replies

I have purchased Sonos One a week ago. Connected to Spotify premium family on my iPad and iPhone 7. It worked fine, later I tried to configure Alexa and Siri, and since then neither sonos, neither spotify can connect. If I change the spotify user to one of the family members, it works both ways form the same iPhone and iPad. I have already tried to reinstall/reboot both apps, but nothing changed. From my logic there should be some settings in the family version of spotify, which blocks the connection. Sonos radio works in both cases.

Any idea, what should I change? All sw are latest version.

Thx for your comments.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Szlmarton

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

When you try to configure Siri, did you rename the Sonos products added to the Apple Home App?

Are you getting errors when connecting to Spotify?

Kindly replicate the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly when it happens, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and go from there, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

I have not set up Siri for Sonos. I was just playing with it on my phone and iPad. I do not have Apple Home App. I downloaded Alexa App, but deleted it from both devices.

I have added now two Spotify accounts to Sonos: the family version and one of the users/members. If I choose the family version I get the message after a few seconds “unable to play … - the connection to Spotify was lost. It is followed by the same pop-ups for the previous attempts of songs (like a cue). If I switch to the user everything works fine.

The other way:

If I start Spotify from the user it works w. Sonos. Then I start the family version, I choose the device, it stops playing (cannot connect).

I have run the diagnostics having selected the Spotify family account: 271282390.

Thanks fo your help.

Hi.  I am not a Spotify user, but what I would have expected from what i have seen in other threads is that each family member who is going to be using Spotify through the Sonos app would add their user account from within the family plan, using their own device.  I am not sure what you mean by adding the ‘family version’, but that may just be my ignorance

Each user can default their controller app to use their Spotify account, although all accounts are available to everyone via a dropdown.

Of course, you could all play direct from the Spotify app to Sonos using Spotify Connect instead.

What I mean on family version: my account (I am the subscriber). I have invited the other family members to join. I have added both spotify accounts to the Sonos S2 app. With my son’s account it works, from my account (family) not. 

Previously it worked also from my account both ways (Sonos or Spotify), now non of them works. It is like something is blocking the connection to play, but the devices see each other (it appears on the interface).