I have a Sonos S2 system running latest updates over a wired and wireless Unifi network. Speakers keep dropping from system. This morning I got 8 back up by wiring 2 to my LAN. The Sonos Move was difficult. I had to put it on a remote (wired) access point in the garden, far enough away from the other Sonos devices. I did a factory reset and re-added it to my network. All seemed find again. I put on a playlist and carried it back in the house.
Now my Sonos Move is playing the playlist without any disruption, but the device is lost from the app.
Sonos move is 30cm away from nearest access point and signal is great.
I’m baffled and lost. Help.
Best answer by Corry P
Welcome to the Sonos Community!
As you replied to yourself, this topic was never flagged as one needing a reply, so apologies for the delay in response.
Are you still having this issue? If so, please try the following steps in your UniFi controller app:
- Log into the UniFi controller
- Click the Settings tab on the left sidebar
- Click Wireless Networks under the Settings page
- Click Edit next to the network SSID
- Verify Guest Policy and disable it if enabled.
- Click on the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- Expand Advanced Options.
- Uncheck Block LAN to WLAN Multicast and Broadcast Data.
- In the Settings tab, click Sites.
- Disable Auto-Optimize Network.
- Once completed, allow up to a minute for the AP to provision (apply the settings) and restore online connection, then proceed to the connection or setup of the Sonos system.
I hope this helps. If not, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team - they will analyse your Sonos unit’s logs and give you some specific advice.