Sonos Customer Support Shocking

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi All,

I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced really poor service for a premium brand like Sonos. I have chased them for 3-4 weeks for support and I am greeted with someone called Neelam who was abrupt and rude over email. My beam and Sonos one system is malfunctioning and does not stop cackling, I have had the items for 1 year and paid a fair fee for them as we know Sonos is not cheap. I have not had these issues with BOSE in the past good customer service, product that has not malfunctioned less than a year in to ownership! I love the ease of Sonos and sound quality was good at first, but I really am getting no where with the support. It is affecting me mental health significantly and is becoming overwhelming. Has anyone dealt with a manager or director at Sonos I can contact to aim to get a resolution to my technical issues with my product? Has anyone else had issues with the support and or product in the past? 

Thanks! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

All of my experiences with Sonos support, both online and via phone have been outstanding, but in all cases, they were long before the current situation. One does have to wonder how much stress the whole pandemic situation has placed on the support folks, Both from the standpoint of people able to get to the office, and the potential increase in calls because so many people are sheltering in place and calling in, since they’re using the system more, and have additional time to call in.

But, it’s unfortunate that your experience was poor. I hope you are able to get past your mental health issues, and get to a place where you can get your Sonos issues resolved. For what it’s worth (which is nothing), I’ve never seen a confirmed case of Sonos being the culprit in a static case, it’s always been a Wi-Fi interference or a broken cable issue. But that’s just on those cases that self report a solution here in these forums, which is definitely all cases. There are many cases in which the respondent never returns to explain what may have happened, so we’re left to wonder what the solution was. 

Awful support. I have 2 speakers not working, after all the troubleshooting no help. 

They are rude, and impossible to understand. They could care less. 

Moderator Note: Edited language. 

Hi @davidwellsuk. Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community.

I apologize for the bad experience you have had regarding this inquiry. Besides passing your feedback along to the appropriate channel within Sonos, I would like to send you a DM with instruction so I would be able to take your case file over. I will also provide you a case number in the event you would like to reference this case with additional Sonos agents.

Hands down the worst support I’ve ever encountered. 

A non-existent customer service phone line.

Useless CSRs on Twitter and FB.

Just awful. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

After 6 different people contacting me we are still in the same position close to 50 emails and messages back and forth and over 2 hours on the phone doing the same diagnostics tests and proof the system is defaulting I am still being asked to do more! What more can I do? The company are not acknowledging how this is effecting my mental health which I have made 4 out of the 6 people contact me aware of and this is adding stress beyond belief 7 weeks of chasing. This is a really troubling issue in world especially during the current economic climate and I have Sonos doing everything they can to make my life as difficult as possible, it’s almost like they want you to suffer so you just submit and give up! I’m beyond breaking point and I really do hope this gets acknowledged as enough is enough!!!

Sonos support in a nutshell right here:

**Moderator Note: Please censor personal information if posting pictures.**

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have now moved property and finally managed to plug in my sonos setup today and guess what it’s still crackling non stop! Why has it taken me 3 months and we still have no resolution! 

I am telling me people I’m suffering with my mental health and still no acknowledgement and how this effecting me! Please can someone appreciate that I have spent significant money and have no support and still no resolutions for setup!!!

I am just so tired of this all it’s been 14 weeks I have chased chased and chased!!!! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @davidwellsuk. Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community.

I apologize for the bad experience you have had regarding this inquiry. Besides passing your feedback along to the appropriate channel within Sonos, I would like to send you a DM with instruction so I would be able to take your case file over. I will also provide you a case number in the event you would like to reference this case with additional Sonos agents.

Haven’t heard from you no surprise fake advertising and false promises!

Userlevel 2
Badge

All of my experiences with Sonos support, both online and via phone have been outstanding, but in all cases, they were long before the current situation. One does have to wonder how much stress the whole pandemic situation has placed on the support folks, Both from the standpoint of people able to get to the office, and the potential increase in calls because so many people are sheltering in place and calling in, since they’re using the system more, and have additional time to call in.

But, it’s unfortunate that your experience was poor. I hope you are able to get past your mental health issues, and get to a place where you can get your Sonos issues resolved. For what it’s worth (which is nothing), I’ve never seen a confirmed case of Sonos being the culprit in a static case, it’s always been a Wi-Fi interference or a broken cable issue. But that’s just on those cases that self report a solution here in these forums, which is definitely all cases. There are many cases in which the respondent never returns to explain what may have happened, so we’re left to wonder what the solution was. 

You obviously work for Sonos! Pathetic 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi All,

20 weeks now I have chased I am dealing with Oliver H who has stamped his authority as the most senior person in Sonos he doesn’t give a crap like the rest of the company about me screaming about my mental health and how this is all effecting me. I have sent 9 videos as requested promised a new Sonos beam run 8 diagnostic reports proven to 5 people my products are broke and yet a new person contacts me every time. I am fed up and this is really emotionally draining and making my depression worse no one cares however! How can a company of this size not give a single crap! It is unbelievable! 

This is the worst experience of my life more so than bereavements, it’s taxing and emotional having to keep explaining yourself to different people sending videos non stop proving over and over! You then are met by Oliver H who is trying to stamp some level of masculinity over email and if he is top of the org the company needs a huge restructure because if he is leading from the front for customer service this proves my point why the organisation has no idea or clue what they are doing! 

Someone who is capable and has empathy please get this sorted 20weeks of me chasing how is this even normal or acceptable!!!

Did this issue start happening to you due to the last firmware / controller app update like 2+ months ago?

I am having a support issue as well and have a thread up.  For me, it seems to have started happening around that time, the popping noise that is.  The app was updated to support controller for their new Sonos Atmos playbar i think and there were device updates.  It seems like it messed up previous playbar and its settings.  They emailed me so far saying they will give me another playbar at 30% off or something now as a result?  I see this as questionable.   

Userlevel 2
Badge

Mine is not because of this update, I have been experiencing the crackling noise for close to a year and I have called about a year ago tried something it didn’t work, the crackling had got worse and worse to the point the system was not with using because of the distorted sound. 

I have chased and said I have paid close to $1000 for the setup and they do not give one single crap about you or the problem you are facing. I would be really careful as they will keep making you do tests and will keep doing do it and accept no liability it’s insane. 

If you do speak with someone no point even mentioning how frustrating it is etc, I mentioned how for close to a year and 6 months of chasing a premium brand it was making me depressed and I got told “what do you want me to do I cannot change how you feel, it’s not my problem” 

good luck with yours I really hope you get a resolution! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I had messages in my inbox on the community here from an employee offering me a product swap on my beam, they have now all been deleted so does this mean I won’t get a replacement beam and see Sonos again proving my point and moving the goal posts! I am 6 months in still have damaged products and dealing with Oliver H who believes he is the highest rank in Sonos which is nonsense! The attitude of people is appalling and yet again still  not a single crap given for about COVID-19 mental health and what people are going through. I have got legal advice around my stance and I’m happy to share with anyone who  has questions. Sonos is scamming people non stop! Promised a return and now everything has disappeared!!!

**Moderator Note: Please censor personal information if posting pictures.**

Userlevel 2
Badge

Here we are almost 1 year on chasing customer support and Sonos will still not acknowledge the fact I have faulty products even when I have moved property and WiFi provider the problem persists with the faulty equipment. 

1 year of chasing is unacceptable and pleading with them! All they do is not reply for weeks and then pass me over to someone new and we begin the cycle over and over! 

This has become to much and has in all honesty really effected my mental health during a global pandemic due to the negligence of Sonos Support. 

I have spoken with trading standards and financial ombudsman about purchasing from Sonos, for anyone interested happy to share more details as you will be within your right to seek legal action if you are facing similar issues. 

I hope this year someone acknowledges the horrendous support and acknowledgment for consumer well being! I am going to paste some of the responses I have had from different people at Sonos who have outright stated they don’t care and want me to do another factory reset or send a video for the 100th time. 

Let’s see if this gets acknowledged or pushed around for another 12 months. 

Thanks!