Answered

Sonos Connect not appearing after set up

• 13 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi there. I hope that someone can help me out with this one. I have a Sonos system with a Play:1 and a Boost. I am now trying to add a Sonos Connect that I’ve received to it. The setting up process in the app works smoothly up to the last step, when I get a message that Connect cannot be shown in the system tab. The message asks to disconnect and reconnect the power cable of the Sonos Connect, after which it should be visible in the system tab. Unfortunately, after I perform the unplugging and re-plugging, the Connect is still missing from the system app.

The only way to see the Connect in the system tab is by wiring it to the router, but once unwired, then it is gone. When wired, I can see in the settings tab that all elements, Boost, Play:1 and Connect have WM:0 indicated.

Any idea what to do?

icon

Best answer by pelabm 13 January 2022, 13:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Sounds like this CONNECT you’ve received may have a bad radio in it. I’d recommend that you first double check in the controller,  while it is wired, that the radio has not been turned off, and then if it shows as being on, submit a system diagnostic , and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

How do I check that the radio is turned on or off?

How do I check that the radio is turned on or off?

Via Settings/System/{room}/Products. The ‘Enable WiFi’ should be checked.

Assuming the Connect was factory reset by the seller or yourself -- an essential step when changing owners -- the radio would have been enabled automatically.

After wiring the Sonos Connect again to the router and doing (for the second time) a factory reset and setting it up the whole configuration process while wired, the Connect now works and appears in the system tab. After finishing the configuration and checking that the wireless was enabled, I unplugged it and now it works wireless. Thus problem solved.