Answered

Sonos Connect:amp and Play:5 system goes down

• 26 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello everybody, I have some problems with my client sonos system.

We have:  9 connect:amp (gen2) | 1 playbar | 1 sub (gen2) | 1 play 5 (gen2)

my client connect(turn on) the play:5  two times a week on the pool and line-in from projector to watch movie and group the play:5 and pool amp’s.

During last 2 years everithing was working great until last 2 month, the system after connect or disconect play:5 goes down and he needed to reboot all amps to play music again. Last week, the problem changed, now everytime he connect(turn on) the play:5 all system goes down, music stop playing everywere and all amps just desapear from his S2 app Until he disconnect the play:5 from the power, and then by magic the sistem start apearing again in the app and after 5/10min start work perfectly again.

all system is in DHCP so its now ip problem, i already reset the play5 2 times and every time I add it again to the system, goes down.

Can anybody help me with it? :c

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 August 2021, 22:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I’d actually suspect it is an IP problem, specifically a duplicate IP problem. However, that data is now erased because you’re reset the PLAY:5.

Don’t do any further resets, so that the data that Sonos could use to help you won’t be erased from the speaker. 

Can you confirm that when you say “all system is in DHCP” that you mean you have assigned reserved IP addresses for all Sonos devices in your router’s DHCP table?

I would recommend the next time you have this issue, you submit a system diagnostic , and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the number here for the forum moderators to look at. 

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.