Answered

Sonos Beam wont connect to One surrounds

• 2 April 2021
  • 6 replies

After four month of working completely fine and no changes to my router or network, my Beam will no longer syncs with my 2 Ones and Gen 3 Sub.  Help!  I’ve reset everything to factory and it still won’t sync. I was able to get the Beam to connect to the Ones in surround mode by connecting the Beam to an Ethernet cable.  But once I unplugged the Ethernet cable it no longer works.  Help!!!!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 5 April 2021, 13:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I suggest that you refrain from Factory Reset without further consult. The Factory Reset could actually have complicated your issue. A simple reboot (remove power for a short while) is not destructive.

Likely, there is something wrong with the WiFi credentials given to the SONOS system. Make sure that SONOS is not using a WiFi connection designed for Guests. Temporarily wire as much of the system as you can. Start by wiring BEAM, verify that the surrounds are working, wire them if necessary, then wire SUB. After you have SUB working, make sure that the WiFi credentials given to SONOS are correct.

When in diagnostic mode, never assume that the problem must be [ ...] or cannot be [ … ], else you will likely be blindsided, but one should play the percentages. There is no point chasing the 0.1% probability before the 99% probability. In your situation, we should first verify the network setup, but we cannot yet eliminate the small probability of hardware failure. Another possibility is that a neighbor has installed a device that is interfering with your wireless environment. As a personal example my ISP factory reset our Gateway. My network is too complicated to run with the Gateway factory defaults and started to unravel -- one unit at a time. It was puzzling until I checked the Gateway configuration and discovered that it had been reverted to factory defaults. In my case a SONOS Factory Reset might have accidentally restored SONOS system operation for a few minutes or hours, but the network would have continued to unravel over the next hours and days.

Thanks for your reply.  All of my credentials are correct as I can get all of the equipment to work independently. The issue only occurs when I try to link the beam to the sub or surround speakers.  I even tried linking the beam to 2 Fives that I have.  The beam would not connect to the Fives. In addition, when I try to link the Ones or the Fives those speakers are not longer listed in my “system” list.  

Go to Settings → System → About My System and check to see if all of your units are listed.

WM: 0 indicates units connected to each other via SonosNet, the private SONOS network, when one or more speakers are wired. WM: 1 is using WiFi, and WM: 2 is using a direct wireless connection between BEAM, its surrounds, and SUB. Normally all of the speakers will be either WM: 0 or WM: 1 Mixed systems can have issues. Wireless surrounds and SUB will be WM: 2.

Bonded Surrounds and SUB will not be listed separately in the Rooms menu on the System page.

As an additional chance, you may want to reboot your router and the Beam. There have been instances similar in the past where that has resolved the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Mespo 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Are you still having this problem? If so, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.

Before doing so, however, please ensure you haven’t disabled WiFi on your Sonos Beam - Settings » System » [Beam Room] » Beam » Enable WiFi.