Question

Sonos Beam sound and new Sky Q box.

• 22 October 2020
  • 8 replies

I have just changed my Sky HD box for Sky Q2 box in conjunction with Samsung 4K smart TV and Sonos Beam. I find that on switching the system off at night, when I come to use in the morning there is no sound until I increase the volume myself, also the same thing occurs after pausing a recording to leave the room and so on. This did not happen before. The engineer just swapped boxes and there we are, so any ideas, please where the problem originates?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @dcacarr, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about this issue that you have with your Sonos system. So that I can have a look at what’s happening, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. I have hopefully the correct number 945338922.

the banner was moving rather quickly for my old eyes, I am in my 80's!. I hope that you have what you want, it is always difficult the amateur talking to the technical expert.

I will add that I have a desk top, but using this Kindle fire to access my beam system and I note that various things, perhaps updates, are not supported now. How this really affects me, I don't know!

thank you, David.

The other thing I am most interested in is that as I play cd's and blu Ray classical concerts using the Beam, what settings generally should help reproduction, or is that so dependent on the player and so on?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @dcacarr, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report. But upon checking, I was not able to check your Sonos system. It was a diagnostic from September, and for a test account, I’m not sure If that was your account. Kindly try to submit a diagnostic report for us to check on this issue. On the other question that you have on playing CDs and Bluray using the Beam. It would be advisable to play it via line in through a Sonos speaker that has a line-in option. You may check this article about Line-in on Sonos for further information about this concern. 

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

Thank you, I hope the report goes through. 1057340307.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @dcacarr, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking the reports. It doesn’t show anything wrong with the Sonos Beam. The standby time of the Beam is almost a month now. Kindly try to unplug the Sonos Beam from the power source for 1-2 minutes to refresh the system. If you still encounter any issues, please let us know.

Many thanks for your input. Yes, I will do that and also I am going to contact Sky and Samsung and see where we are. I will then let you know, if that is satisfactory.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @dcacarr, thanks for the update. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.