Sonos Arc loses audio when Cable Box input is selected

• 2 April 2021
  • 3 replies

My Samsung TV (UN82TU7000FXZA) only has 2 HDMI ports (crazy, I know) so the HDMI e-ARC port is connected to my new Sonos Arc and the other HDMI port is either used for my Apple TV 4K or Cox Communications Cable Box. When the Apple TV is connected, the sound works but when I unplug the Apple TV and plug in the cable box the sound cuts out and the only way to get it back is to reach behind the mounted TV, unplug both HDMI cables and then FIRST reconnect the Sonos Arc and THEN connect the cable box. HELP I don’t want to return the Arc but this is ridiculous! :(

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you considered using an HDMI switch for the Apple TV and cable box?

Thanks for your response. I did try that and then was thinking that was the problem so I disconnected it and still am having the same problem. So I do have a switch that I may reconnect but I am still just trying to figure out the issue between the arc and cable box

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @joecotoiaiv 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

You may want to disable CEC on your cable box - it sounds like there’s a conflict going on.