Answered

sonos app doesnt show any products but abke to olay music through music apps

• 11 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Ok, in theory I love Sonos but in practice hate it. I am unable to connect to any of my products (two ports and three amps) on the app but when I open Apple Music I can select any of the rooms I have set up and successfully stream music. Why won’t the app recognize any of my hardware that it previously would show on the app?  I use a Yamaha receiver. 

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 11 June 2021, 07:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Maybe generate a Diagnostics report, note the number, and contact customer support to see if they can see any issues? 

With more folk working from home, there’s a lot more wifi traffic around us all. Have you tried a fixed channel on your router? 1, 6 and 11 are usually best. 

Userlevel 7

What router are you using? I’m assuming you have already tried directly connecting one of your Sonos devices to your router with an ethernet cable too? 

You should submit a diagnostic report:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/141?language=en_US

Yes. I appreciate your replies but when I say I’ve exhausted anything that is basic, I really mean it. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app and done all resetting of the Sonos hardware. I don’t understand why the hardware appears on third party apps (Spotify, Apple Music, sxm, etc) but not the app. I assure you that I’ve exhausted google as well and am using this forum as a last resort to make suggestions beyond the easy to solve solutions. 

Userlevel 7

Have you tried resetting the app under App Preferences or deleting and reinstalling the app?

I’ve done that to no avail. I’ve exhausted most basic fixes (restarting router, restarting all products, etc)

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging all of your Sonos devices from power for about a minute and reboot your router and phone.