Question

Sonos and YT music : all songs abruptly end skip to next one , and can not shuffle my whole uploaded library

• 14 November 2020
  • 1 reply

When streaming YT Music , specifcally my own uploaded musics through Shuffle or my own playlists , there are several issues:

1. Songs will end abruptly and skip to next one with like 1-2minutes left in the song. (This happens on both my “rooms” .  Tried toggling crossfade on and off. no change. It does not happen with other music services like amazon music. It happens more with my connect:
  2. Also, it only shuffles a very small portion of my whole library.  and says 999songs on the playlist.  Seemingly the 999 songs correlate with if YTmusic is sorted A-Z, Z-A, or Recently added.

Would really like to have a smoother experience using YT Music with Sonos. Thank you for your time.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @chakpenta, welcome to the Sonos community. We appreciate you for describing the issue and letting us know about it. I understand how you feel about this and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Let me help you with this. We have been receiving similar concerns that scrubbing or seeking uploaded content from YouTube Music on Sonos will either stop or skip to the next track. We have coordinated this issue with YouTube Music and we are actively working with them to resolve this. There's no exact timing to share yet at this point and this will be resolved in a future software update. In the meantime, please avoid scrubbing until the issue has been resolved. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have further questions or concerns. We are always happy to help out.