Sonos and BBC Sounds

• 9 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Well after 18mths of “reasonable” success with BBC radio via Alexa and BBC Sounds skill, all has now ended! Was my success out of the norm as I see the BBC and Sonos don't appear to be talking, and no matter what I try Alexa tells me despondently to try again in a little while!

Tech should not be this problematic and I’m not pleased that the BBC keep telling me to listen to everything on the Sounds App. 

Email to the BBC next?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Exactly what has now ended? What is the problem?

Salty69,

To our Sonos Move...“Alexa, play BBC Radio One’

reply... ”Playing BBC Radio One, (pause) BBC Sounds” 

-Radio One then begins playing-

All is working here.

Thanks for the replies peeps.

All working again now, in fact better than ever!

The problem introduced itself when as Ken says “radio 2 then starts playing” it wasnt for me!

All the usual on-line stuff was working and no probs with the network - fibre speeds here. I was just greeted for two days with “having a problem, try again in a while” after the BBC sounds thump.

Anyway updated a few skills and reset sonos etc etc. Strangely though late evening the problem still existed however in the morning I as greeted with a most helpful device that played anything asked of “her” 

So not sure what I did to resolve the issue nor why it manifested itself in the first instance.

I really feel sorry for dare I say less teckie folk.

Anyway now enjoying two great devices again ;0)