Answered

Sonos 13.1

Badge

Hi,

I have upgraded both Sonos 2 (13.1) and Sonos 1 on my iMac; but now i have lost my music library.

II have now spent 3 days trying to reload the library to Sonos and every time i get either a1002 or my iMac is blocking Sonos access message. I spent 2 hours on the phone with one of Sonos’s support guys and achieved nothing.

Everything worked perfectly prior to the download of the new Sonos version (13.1). To my knowledge nothing has been changed on my computer.

Actionstaken:

Norton Anti Virus removed from computer
IMac Anti Virus turned on and off - neither work
File Sharing turned on and off - neither worked
internet Router turned on and off 4 times
New Sonos 2 and Sonos 1 downloaded several times
Access  to music file, access to iTunes access to Music all selected and all failed to load library.

Does anyone know what is causing this problem?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 June 2021, 13:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Starman007 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Error 1002 is a problem with your computer and Sonos system maintaining a connection. Unfortunately, this doesn’t narrow the fix down to much else other than what has already been tried.

Looking at your diagnostics from the 25th, it doesn’t look like the SonosLibraryServer service is running.

Please uninstall both S1 and S2 app from your computer. Once done, and before reinstalling, please remove the following folders from your computer:

• ~/Library/Application Support/Sonos
  • ~/Library/Preferences/com.sonos.macController.plist
  • /Users/Shared/Sonos/Shares.plist
  • And ensure Sonos and Sonos S1 Controller are missing from ~/Applications

If you’re unable to find ~/Library/Preferences/com.sonos.macController.plist, don’t worry - just move on to the next.

With that done, please install the Sonos app(s) again and try adding your shared folders once more.

I hope this helps.

Badge

Thank you for getting back to me and for the suggestions; However, I can remove S1 and S2 app, but I cant find the following and have no idea where I find them?  

• /Library/Application Support/Sonos is this in itunes or Imac System Preferences
  • ~/Library/Preferences/com.sonos.macController.plist is this in itunes or Imac System Preferences
  • /Users/Shared/Sonos/Shares.plist is this in itunes or Imac System Preferences

Peter

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Starman007 

Thank you for getting back to me and for the suggestions; However, I can remove S1 and S2 app, but I cant find the following and have no idea where I find them?  

• /Library/Application Support/Sonos is this in itunes or Imac System Preferences
  • ~/Library/Preferences/com.sonos.macController.plist is this in itunes or Imac System Preferences
  • /Users/Shared/Sonos/Shares.plist is this in itunes or Imac System Preferences

Peter

They’re folders on your system drive. Anywhere on the Mac desktop, hit Command+Shift+G, then type / and hit return to jump to the top level of your system drive in Finder.

Badge

All done and still code 1002 if file share Is ticked or iMac refused to let Sonos connect If unticked. 

what have Sonos changed in the new controllers

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Starman007 

Nothing that I’m aware of.

Do you have a second Mac with the same network name? That would cause this issue. If this is the case, you’ll need to change the network name of one and reboot both.

Also, please make sure the folder you are trying to share on Sonos has read/write permissions for Everyone:

• Open Finder
  • Find the folder that you are trying to share, right click and select Get Info.
  • Toward the bottom, click Sharing & Permissions drop down, and then hit lock icon to allow changes to be made
  • Once, you enter the admin user's ID and password, change Everyone to Read & Write access of the parent folder, and verify that the admin user has Read & Write access as well. If not, change this too.
  • Then, select the gear icon at the bottom of Get Info dialog box, and hit Apply to Enclosed Items...  

Badge

No there isn’t another Mac, but do have a Windows work computer Would this be causing the problem.

everything else done And still can’t add music library. Driving me nuts

No there isn’t another Mac, but do have a Windows work computer Would this be causing the problem.

everything else done And still can’t add music library. Driving me nuts

Are you using the IP address of the iMAC in the path to the library share and have you checked that it’s correct? Also ensure that the name of the iMAC complies with the netbios rules, which is (basically) no more than 15 characters for the name of the PC and no spaces or special characters as listed below:

• backslash
  • slash mark
  • colon
  • asterisk
  • question mark
  • quotation mark
  • less than sign
  • greater than sign
  • vertical bar
Badge

Computer name is imac

How do i check if  IP address of the iMAC iS the path to the library share? 

Finding Your Internal IP (OS X 10.5 and Newer)

1. Click on the Apple icon on the upper-left corner of the screen.
  2. Scroll down and select System Preferences.
  3. Click Network.
  4. Select your connection.

Badge

IP address doing this is 192.168.1.11.

Now what do I check 

Now what do I check 

Perhaps try that in your library path in your Sonos App. See below example 

//192.168.1.11/[shared music-library folder name] rather than using the computers netbios name for the PC 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Starman007 

Computer name is imac

According to your diagnostics, your Sonos system is looking for the network path //P****siMac/Music (I’m just censoring your name here) and your Mac’s IP is 192.168.1.12, so if you’re sure of your above responses, I think we’ve found the problem.

I recommend turning off your Mac, your router and your Sonos system. Turn on the router first - after it has been off for at least 30 seconds - and wait for it to come fully online before turning on the others. Once everything is on, please try adding the music library path again. If there are any previous entries still there, please remove them all before adding.

If this doesn’t help, I recommend you get back in touch with our technical support team and mention what we have discovered.

Edit: Mind you, these are old diagnostics from the 25th.

Badge

Hi 

thank you for the info, with all the changes to try and get this to work, computer is now called iMac only, does this need changing and computer ip is the computer 192.168.1.11,not

192.168.1-,12

does this need changing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Starman007 

That’s impossible for me to confirm without new diagnostics. Please try adding the share and when it doesn’t work, submit diagnostics and let me know you’ve done it. Thanks.

Or, just call technical support again.

Badge

I’m having the same issue, ever since installing the latest version of macOS Big Sur Version 11.4 on May 27th 2021

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @RonPinsonnneault 

Have you tried all the steps mentioned in this thread? The most important is to remove the share and add it again - it’s been known for Mac’s to have their network name altered during an OS update.

To be honest, this kind of problem is very difficult for us to fix without us having remote access to your computer and frequent diagnostics taken from your Sonos system. I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and adjust things on your Mac for you.

Badge

So, asked a computer whizz to help, took him 3 hours and managed to load library to Sonos 2 but not to Sonos 1.

This is a list of most of the actions taken.

Turned off Norton, then uninstalled it just to make sure

Allowed Sonos through the Apple firewall and also tested with the firewall turned off

Enabled guests to access shared folders

Created a new user and allowed access to shared files

Recreated network shares and checked permissions

Added Sonos to accessibility options (to make sure it was being allowed to make the changes it needed)

Checked that the mac netbios names were the same and also tried changing to a new name and rebooting

Tried a manually configured static IP address

Created a new location in Apple networking preferences

Disabled IPv6 on the imac, but can’t disable IPv6 in the TalkTalk router

Tried swapping between SMB v1 and v2/v3

Turned off 5Ghz channel in the TalkTalk router

Swapped router for a Draytek router, but the same issues occur

Verified I could connect to these shares from a windows laptop (which worked just fine)

The only way I managed to add this library was to enable file sharing on the mac, add the Music folder, apply permissions, install S2 controller on windows laptop, add media folder selecting NAS storage, pointing to //peter/share and authenticating with username and password. This allowed us to add the library and get things working on the newer devices.

The exact same thing on the S1 controller did not work. I tried most of the above again on the S1 controller but still cannot get it to add the library.

I suspect the recent update to both S1 and S2 apps has changed how they connect to network shares as this has been working for years and now only one app works with a roundabout method of adding the library.

Peter

Influential Computers Ltd

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Starman007 

I recommend you get back in touch with our technical support team via a phone call - I’ve added a few notes to your existing case. Please quote the existing case number when you get back in touch. Thanks.