Answered

Sonos 1 Alexa

• 12 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi.

All of a sudden I cannot use my 1 to get to my library of music through my phone.

I can get a radio station???

icon

Best answer by Corry P 15 June 2021, 11:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Unplug the speaker from power for about a minute and reboot your router and phone.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks, done that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @foxleybob 

Thanks for our post!

Are you trying to play music stored on your phone? Or use your phone to play the Music Library from a computer/NAS?

If the former, and your phone is an iPhone, you’ll need to use AirPlay. If you’re using an Android device and On This Device in the Sonos app, try rebooting your phone.

If the latter, try removing the source and add it again from the Desktop Sonos app.

If none of this helps, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thank you for the reply.

Yes playing music from the sonos app on my phone (Android) and simply asking Alexa to play something :)

TBO It is working at the moment  , but it can be git & miss.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @foxleybob 

I am afraid it’s still not clear to me what source you are trying to play music from. Alexa cannot play anything from your Music Library, nor can she play from your phone’s stored music.

In order to help you, I need to know the source of the music you are trying to play. Are you playing from Spotify? Apple Music? The more information you can give me (including the exact command given to Alexa), the more I can help.

Thanks.