Answered

Samsung QE65Q90TATXXU + Sonos Arc not working

Badge

Hi Guys, 

I am probably slow to the party here but I am having trouble connecting these two products. The TV has the eARC connection but it fails to recognise the Sonos Arc? 

Not to mention that when I try to setup the Arc through the App it doesn't register that it has been plugged in to the TV? 

Any help and pointers would be greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 10 April 2021, 11:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

20 replies

Userlevel 7

Do you have Anynet+ (CEC) turned on in your TV settings?

Badge

I dont believe I do no? I have not seen that option available in the settings either i’m afraid. 

Appreciate any further thoughts you may have though.

Userlevel 7

Is it under Settings > System > Expert Settings?

Badge

It feels as though there is no signal being sent between the two devices to recognise they are connected?

Userlevel 7

Is it under the wrench icon?

Badge

Found it and it appears to be “on” and would have always been? 

Badge

Userlevel 7

Keep Anynet+ set to On. Unplug your TV and Arc from power for about a minute and disconnect the Arc from the TV. Plug the TV back in and run TV Setup in the Sonos app. Connect the Arc to your TV’s HDMI eARC port when the app instructs you to.

Userlevel 7

Also check this setting:

Settings > Sound > Sound Output > select Receiver (HDMI)

Badge

Badge

Userlevel 7

Which HDMI port is the Arc connected to? Are you sure it’s the ARC or eARC port? 

And did you make sure the Sound Output setting is set to Receiver (HDMI)?

Badge

The system came with an optical adaptor for the HDMI. Is this an option we should look at?

Badge

Userlevel 7

The system came with an optical adaptor for the HDMI. Is this an option we should look at?

No, this option is a last resort.

Userlevel 7

Can you try using the HDMI cable that came with the Arc?

Badge

I didn’t get one with it unfortunately 

Userlevel 7

I didn’t get one with it unfortunately 

That’s weird. Did you purchase it used? Do you have any other HDMI cables you can use?

Badge

OMG!!!! Thank you so much!! The issue was the cable! 

I feel a bit stupid on that back of all of that but I honestly can’t thank you enough for persevering with me! LEGEND!!!

Userlevel 7

Glad it was just the cable and not the Arc or your TV that was defective.

Be sure to set Sound Output to Receiver (HDMI), turn on Dolby Atmos Compatibility, and set Digital Output Audio Delay to 0.

Enjoy!