Answered

Roam doesn’t autosleep after turning itself on

Roam wakes when I open the Sonos app and stays awake. I left it and checked after one hour. The Roam was still on and had lost 5% charge. This was without playing music. It has only ever gone to sleep once by itself.

Ideas?

PS The product tour has never worked on my iPhone but works on my iPad. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 2 May 2021, 21:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

The ‘product tour’ is working on both the iPhone XR and SE here - perhaps try an App reset in ‘Settings/App Preferences" and connect it back to the ‘existing system’ and see if that fixes the issue.

To fix the ‘Roam’ sleep-mode issue, perhaps try a complete shutdown (not sleep mode) for 30 seconds and see if that corrects the matter after powering back on and placing it manually into sleep mode before opening/closing the App. 

Thank you for the reply. 

Full power cycle etc. The Roam comes out of sleep and stays on after I open the app.

This is going to be interesting when I’m controlling other devices and unintentionally draining the Roam’s battery. I’m tempted to return it.

Thank you for the reply. 

Full power cycle etc. The Roam comes out of sleep and stays on after I open the app.

This is going to be interesting when I’m controlling other devices and unintentionally draining the Roam’s battery. I’m tempted to return it.

Perhaps see my posts in this thread…

Thank you for the thread’s link. Sounds similar.

The Roam sometimes comes out of sleep on its own when I haven’t used the app. It stayed on for one hour before I turned it off. I estimate that the Roam will last less than two days if left in sleep mode without use due to it waking up.

My seven year old Boom has remote power on/off. It goes to sleep after a few minutes when the music stops, but stays off until I send a power signal.

I am not sure the problem but I went away for 3 days and I came back to a Roam that was out of battery.  It was fully off when I left but when I came home, the orange light was on.  Is it trying to connect to my wifi and will always run out of battery in a few days?

I am not sure the problem but I went away for 3 days and I came back to a Roam that was out of battery.  It was fully off when I left but when I came home, the orange light was on.  Is it trying to connect to my wifi and will always run out of battery in a few days?

My Roam loses ~5% per hour on sleep, so it won’t get the ten days standby claimed on the product page. I haven’t had any problems with it completely powered off.