Roam Battery Life Retention

• 27 December 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 7

This topic has been discussed too many times to recount. Most (I dare say 99%) are negative. I’ve owned the Roam (two) as an early adopter during Sonos pre-order. My experience has been what I expected.

Using the Roam outside in 90 degree heat will deplete the battery faster than when in the shade or a cool environment. I would think that most would understand that anyway. Note: I doubt very seriously I’ll be providing experiences encountered in extreme cold.

The purpose of this post is to hopefully bring some closure regarding the Roam’s ability to retain battery life when not in use. To test the Roam’s battery retention I left my Roam’s unplugged and allowed them to go into sleep mode. 45 plus days (or so) later upon plugging them into power and adding them back to the Sonos App they registered 87% and 89% respectively.

However, un-scientific you think my testing I’d say the Roam does not lose battery strength when in sleep mode to a great degree as has been suggested in other posts. Granted depending upon how you use your Roam (and how often) will impact battery life. Mine are only used in the summer months. No shower use and I have enough Sonos speakers throughout my home not to have to use them bring to music to any section.  Although, I may start to use them in my garage which will impact the charge/discharge/charge cycle.

Hopefully, this information will benefit some….current and future adopters of the Roam. Enjoy your Sonos.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!