Answered

Qobuz sound cutting in and out sporadically

• 19 August 2021
  • 2 replies

I just started the Qobuz free trial and have noticed that songs are cutting in and out sporadically during playback. I have never had any issues like this over 4 years with Pandora, Apple, Tidal or Subsonic.

The issue with Qobuz is as follows. I have a stereo pair of Play Fives, and a sub, connected via WiFi in my living room. During Qobuz playback sound will stop on the left speaker, then comeback, and sometimes continue to cut out on one or both speakers. It happens consistently on any Qobuz album I play. This has NEVER happened with Pandora, Apple Music, Tidal or my streaming CDs via Subsonic on any of my speakers in 4 years so I’m sure it’s related to Qobuz. I have a meshed WiFi network (3 APs) using channels 1, 6 and 11. I have one speaker wired in the other room. I’ve tried changing Sonosnet to all the channels but it doesn’t make a difference. At this point Qobuz is unusable because the sound cuts out so much.

I’d like to use Qobuz to stream but unless I can get the issue resolved, I’ll have to get rid of it.

Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 19 August 2021, 03:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging your speakers from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router.

Also check out this article with some troubleshooting tips:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/305?language=en_US

Thank you, @GuitarSuperstar. I tried the reboot but that didn’t make a difference. When I have time, I will try moving the wired speaker closer to my Sonos Fives to see if that helps.