Playing laptop audio from Sonos Move

• 16 September 2021
  • 4 replies

How can I play the sound from my windows laptop (youtube, movies etc) from my Sonos Move? I connected with bluetooth, installed the windows app, yet I still cannot set it as my audio output or anything. How can I do this? This thing costs so much yet I cannot even do the simplest thing with it...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you performed the initial setup of the Move on your phone using the Sonos app?

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3571?language=en_US

It so, have you followed these steps to pair the Move with your laptop?

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3570?language=en_US

Thanks your for reply GuitarSuperstar. Yes I can control it just fine on my phone, and when I connect it through bluetooth on my laptop it just says “paired device” but that’s it, I can play music from my laptop on spotify youtube music etc, but not select it as actual default audio output device so that I can play actual youtube videos or movies through it.

Userlevel 7

Disconnect the Move by going to Start > Devices > Bluetooth and other devices settings > select the device > Remove device > Yes.

Then reboot the Move by following these steps:

1. Take Move off of the charging base.
  2. Hold the power button for at least 5 seconds, or until the status light turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the power button or place Move back onto its charging base.

Then reboot your laptop.

Then try repairing the Move to the laptop.

Disconnect the Move by going to Start > Devices > Bluetooth and other devices settings > select the device > Remove device > Yes.

Then reboot the Move by following these steps:

1. Take Move off of the charging base.
  2. Hold the power button for at least 5 seconds, or until the status light turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the power button or place Move back onto its charging base.

Then reboot your laptop.

Then try repairing the Move to the laptop.

I tried this and I can play Spotify etc through it from my laptop, but still not select it as my main audio device to play sound from youtube videos or movies etc through it?