Answered

Playbase Sound cutting out

• 13 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi,

Ive started getting issues today where my Sonos Playbase is dropping out of sound for about 30 seconds before starting again.  I have restarted Wi-fi and have the Playbase wired to my router but still getting these dropouts. The Playbase has a white light flashing while the sound drops out.  I’ve also noticed when I change channel on Sky the sound drops and when I pause and start again the sound drops and white light starts flashing.  I’ve also noticed if I unplug the Playbase from the router my app can’t find it, it only displays in app when hard wired. No idea what’s going on, I’ve submitted a diagnostic report 40417093, please could someone take a look? Many thanks

icon

Best answer by Corry P 5 March 2021, 15:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

What router are you using? Have you tried changing the wireless channel on your router or (when wired) changing the SonosNet channel in the Sonos app?

Userlevel 2

Hi, My router is Bt. I’ve factory reset Playbase and still experiencing same issues. Managed to re add it to Wi-fi but still drops in and out. When it seems stable I then try play a song from the app it happens again.  

Userlevel 7

Did you try changing the wireless channel on your router? https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4769?language=en_US

Userlevel 2

Thanks I’ve tried changing channel on Wi-fi and when Sonos hardwired and changing the Sonos channel

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @tomcress2000 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Are you still having this problem? A Sonos product flashing white spontaneously indicates a reboot which should not be happening (flashing white after you press a button or give a voice command is normal).

As this is happening, the issue has nothing to do with your network or TV. Your diagnostics (thanks) indicate an abnormally high boot count since the last time the Playbase was reset (prior to the reset last month).

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who will look into your options for you.