Question

Playbar Sound Interference.

• 28 October 2020
  • 5 replies

I have two rooms each setup with playbar+sub+a pair of Sonos Play 1. 
For the first 5-10secs of playing a song there is significant crackling then it settles down to play normally. Same happens when I change songs. No issue with tv audio though. Exact same problem in both rooms. Any thoughts, suggestions for how I can eradicate this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @User443499, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on your Sonos system. So that we can get more information, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue and to check the status of your Sonos system.

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hi simon

thank you for that. I did as you said and the confirmation number is 1736026579.

cheers

murdo 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @User443499, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking it shows audio dropouts on the Playbar. Kindly check this article about Music service audio stops or skips for some troubleshooting steps that you can follow. 

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

Hi simon,

ive tried the system in two different house (moved house recently) and it’s been the same problem. I have a Sonos 5 and that’s totally ok. Both playbar systems are also ok with tv audio…...when I play of both Spotify or Apple Music the stutter kicks in around the 3rd second and lasts for 4-5sec before settling down. It’s a really strange one. I cant see anything in these articles that help me unfortunately.

cheers

murdo

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @User443499, thanks for the update. Sorry to hear that it is still not working. We’ll take this further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps and give you options in resolving this issue. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.