Answered

Playbar keeps disconnecting from TV when turned off and on

• 7 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi. I recently updated my software and now my playbar will disconnect when TV is turned off and then back on. The fix so far is to unplug the playbar and wait 10 seconds, Plug back in and then it reconnects.  I have a Sony Bravia TV. I have had the sonos for almost 3 years and have not had this problem until 4 days ago. Please help. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 8 March 2021, 04:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Updated what software? 

Since the Sonos is always looking for a signal from the TV on the optical cable, my immediate reaction is your TV isn’t re-establishing the output on that when you ‘turn off and on’ the TV using the remote. 

So, a couple of suggestions. First, check to see if there are any software updates for the TV, and apply them. Then, once that is done, unplug the TV from the wall for 5 minutes. When you plug it back in, it will force a full reboot of the software on the TV, something that doesn’t happen when you power it on and off using either the remote, or even the buttons on the TV. 

However, it could still be a very low chance that the issue is with the PLAYBAR. I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Actually it was none of these and I ended up having to warranty out the playbar.