Answered

Playbar and Sub (Gen 3)

• 6 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi

I originally purchased a playbar and sonos 1 and they have been great and I can pair them no issue.

I then recently added a sonos gen 3 sub and I am getting a error in the sonos 2 app in the system info saying...."Your wireless network will not support the use of a sub or surrounds with your playbar".

All devices have a solid white light on them and in the app is says the playbar and in brackets sub for the room setup.

I have a BT Internet.

Anyone know how you fix this please, before I look to send the sub back.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 4 March 2021, 10:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried rebooting your router?

@GuitarSuperstar  I have yes, router has been rebooted, I tried setting up by having my sonos 1 plugged into the router.

I have noticed yesterday whilst it provides that message.  When I go into the Sonos 2 app and select the playbar and sub room, if I go to Sub Audio and turn the slider to what would be the off position, my dub starts working but still have the error.  Its all very odd. 

Userlevel 7

Keep the One wired to your router, remove the Sub from the Playbar, and reset the Sub by following these instructions: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096?language=en_US

Then setup the Sub again and try re-adding it to the Playbar.

@GuitarSuperstar  - Thatnks again for the suggestion I have reset the sub 2-3 time when i was originally setting up and connected the sub and my Sonos 1 to the router but to no avail.

I have been reading about the Sonos Boost, which from what I have read is a specific network for all sonos equipment to connect seamlessly, which should sort out the issue i’m having I think.   My only issue is, is if I play music from spotify from my phone or tablet or pc these will not be on the same network as the Sonos products I have so not sure if they will work or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Napsterz 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Are you still having this problem? If so, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team so they can isolate and fix any networking issues you may have. The “Your wireless network will not support the use of a sub or surrounds with your Playbar" means that the Sub is having trouble linking directly to your Playbar.

I took a quick look at the diagnostics you submitted - A Boost may well fix the problem, as will connecting your Playbar or Sonos One permanently with ethernet to your network. There will no need for either of these solutions if you give us a call and we adjust some router settings for you, however, so I recommend that as the first option.

@Corry P  - Thanks for the info I have sorted it all now after having to buy a Sonos Boost no need to hook anything else in to my router (also I cant as the equipment would not be where I need it to be).

Cheers