Answered

Paired speakers don’t play with other rooms

• 23 January 2022
  • 3 replies

I recently paired two Play 1 speakers in my living room. These speakers work fine when I am playing music in that room alone. However, when I try to group the living room with other rooms in my house, the Living Room pair stop working. I have 5 Play 1 speakers in four rooms. The Living Room is the only room with paired speakers.

I have rebooted the speakers and my router multiple times. It’s a weird problem, since the paired speakers work fine on thier own, they just go silent when joined with another room. Is this a software issue?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 23 January 2022, 16:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

It’s probably a network issue. You might try changing the wireless channel on your router. If possible, you can try connecting one of your speakers directly to your router with an ethernet cable which will create SonosNet, a mesh network for your Sonos speakers that can oftentimes improve the network performance of all of your speakers.

Maybe try a different WiFi channel and set your router’s 2.4Ghz WiFi so that it is on a fixed non-overlapping channel 1, 6 or 11 ..and set the band to use a channel-width of 20Mhz only.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I have rebooted the speakers and my router multiple times. It’s a weird problem, since the paired speakers work fine on thier own, they just go silent when joined with another room. Is this a software issue?

You also might want to look at my post here as you’ve booted your router: Tips & Tricks - Resolving random issues impacting Sonos devices.. | Sonos Community