Answered

No sound on my sonos beam

• 18 December 2021
  • 10 replies

Hi there, i have a fire tv cube and beam connected to the tv however i cannot hear sound on the beam if i talk to Alexa, i can now only configure fire tv as main speaker in my living room group. Your confirmation number is: 1590570698. Thanks. Luca.

icon

Best answer by Sgar75 18 December 2021, 13:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Ensure you enable HDMI-CEC on the TV and set the TV sound-out to Pass-through/Dolby Digital audio, depending on which generation of Beam you are using (see below);

Beam (gen1): Dolby Digital 5.1

Beam (gen2): Dolby Atmos/Dolby Digital Plus 5.1

The Sonos products do not support DTS-X/DTS-HQ, so avoid those codecs.

Nothing to do with the tv, it's all music from TuneIn and Spotify are not going directly into the Beam so I don't think is related to HDMI-CEC..

Nothing to do with the tv, it's all music from TuneIn and Spotify are not going directly into the Beam so I don't think is related to HDMI-CEC..

I thought you were referring to your Fire TV Cube - so are you referring to the Spotify/Tune-In in the Sonos App?

Mainly with Alexa in the Sonos, doesn't produce any sound...

Is Spotify set as the Amazon Alexa default music service and have you also installed the Sonos Skill in the Amazon Alexa App too?

yes 

Note aswell that the same Spotify account linked to the Amazon Alexa App (& set as default) must also be the same as the Spotify Music Service credentials installed in your Sonos App.

I’ve just tested the Spotify service here and it is working okay with Alexa.

all sorted now, disabled sonos skill and enabled again

Ah glad to hear you got it sorted.👍