Question

No audio from Beam after TV idle or after switching from Spotify to TV audio.

• 28 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

I’ve been having issues for a while with Beam and my TV, namely that Beam refuses to play any audio after my TV has idled or been turned off via remote, or a lot of times when switching between Spotify and TV audio.

My setup is a Hisense TV, connected to the Beam via HDMI Arc. TV audio output is set to HDMI etc.

Initially the problem was that if I played Spotify through the beam and then tried to watch TV/Youtube etc, no audio would play, even after selecting TV audio in the app. It almost  always required a full power cycle of the TV and Speaker before it would work, pretty annoying but i lived with it for a while.

I recently purchased a Chromecast with Google TV, which is now connected to my TV via HDMI.

Audio works fine for all the usual chromecast apps, Youtube, netflix, Disney spotify etc, however if my TV goes idle (If nothing is playing for a couple hours etc), when i turn it back on the Beam does not output any audio, even if TV Audio is selected via the app, and requires a power cycle of the TV and the Beam.

Similarly when i turn my TV on in the morning, audio does not work on the beam, i have to power cycle the beam and the TV every day before anything will work.

Obviously this is massively frustrating, i’m convinced i’ve set it all up properly as it does work/i do get sound - am i missing something really obvious here? I've done some digging and cant really find anyone having a similar issue so i guess i must be doing something wrong, surely it isnt meant to function in such a clunky way - i thought it would be seamless :(

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @octo22, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and I know where you're coming from. So that we can check the current status of your Sonos system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

HI Simon, thank you for your response :)

I have submitted diagnostics, number 318758914

Many thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @octo22, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking on the diagnostic report. It shows some interference between Sonos to your network. Kindly check this article about reducing wireless interference for some troubleshooting steps. If this won’t work, we’ll take this further. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.