My cloud Home plays for some time and then looses connection!

• 9 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Hello,

As i stated before, after adding some music to the sonos playlist from my cloud home, after a while sonos stop playing and shows the message that have lost the connection to My Cloud Home.

After that error i check and the disk is available and i can acess the files on explorer or my cloud app.

What could it be?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @CelioSilva, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Is the MyCloud Home connected via Ethernet or WiFi? Are any of your Sonos devices connected via Ethernet cable?

Do you have any similar issues with other music services, or is it just local files? If possible, it may be worth testing if you experience the same behaviour with both MyCloud and Sonos connected to the router via Ethernet cable - let us know how you get on :)

Hello,

The MyCloud is connected via ethernet, the Beam too, i only have one ONE by wireless.

It’s only the MyCloud service that fails, the folders i have shared, spotify or tuneiin works fine.

Another note, to start working again i have to restart the PC and the MyCloud, but even that sometimes does not work.

Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Understood - have you tried rebooting your router (turning it off for about 15 seconds before turning back on)? Does this improve the stability at all?

Issues such as this are generally related to the network - if rebooting the router doesn’t help, mind providing a bit more information about the network? What make/model of router are you using? Are there any other networking devices, such as Switches or Extenders/mesh nodes in use?

Both of the equipments are connected to the provider router ethernet ports, that are gigabit ports.

I don’t have aditional routers/switch’s or powerlines, it’s a small apartment and the provider router wireless and ports are enough for now.

The provider is NOS from Portugal, the router has 200Mb/s of speed. It comes with the provider firmware and the parameters are only acessible with the NOS app or the website of the client personal account.

The only thing i can do is put another router and put this one in bridge mode...

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Got it, have you noticed if there are any specific songs that playback will stop with, or does it just happen after a certain period of time? I had a look to see if there were any sleep settings available for the MyCloud Home, however there don’t seem to be - it might be worth confirming this with WD however.

It may also be worth reaching out to our Support Team via either live chat or phone call, so that they can take a closer look at what’s going on and perform some live troubleshooting.

No, there are no specific songs, some times it play’s the list for an hour, other times 15 minutes, it’s random and the previous songs don’t play either.

I have checked the possible parameters for the drive but there are not many.. only reboot and general settings, no network parameters.

I will try to check with Support Team.