Answered

Music dropouts on Playbar

• 6 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hey

I have trouble with my Playbar and sub when I listen to music from the radio station, the Playbar when out for some second and get back again.

I have 5 play 1 and one Playbar + sub the play 1 are in each rum and there are no problems and the Playbar + sub is in my living rum and the Playbar+ sub is connected to my TV via fiberoptics cable and it’s works

All my Sonos are connected to WIFI via TP-Link deco M5 and in the living rum the Playbar + sub is connected with cable from deco M5 unit.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 8 February 2021, 13:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Plydholm 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

As you have the Playbar wired to ethernet, it’s creating a private WiFi just for Sonos. It’s also broadcasting directly to your Sub via 5Ghz. Due to this, I recommend you keep the Deco node at least 1m away from the Playbar and Sub. The same goes for any other devices nearby that may be receiving or broadcasting WiFi. If the Playbar isn’t connected to your main Deco mode, make sure the node is within range of the main Deco node.

If this isn’t useful, I recommend you get in touch with our support team directly so they can analyse your diagnostics and give you some specific help for your situation.