Answered

Multi-room not working, yet Airplay works fine?

• 31 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I’m having issues with multi-room and was curious if anyone can help me?

I’ve had a Play:1 and One speaker for some time and received an additional One for Christmas. Since adding the new speaker I am unable to play all three simulatenouly (via the Sonos App & Spotify Connect) The problem seems to be with the older One Speaker in my Dining Room.

My set up is as follows:

• Play:1 (Bathroom)
  • One (Kitchen) *Newest Addtion*
  • One (Dining Room) 

When I select all three rooms in the app they appear to be connected but my Dining Room doesn’t play any sound. However, as soon as I disconnect one of the three, the Dining Room starts playing again after 5 or so seconds. Same vice-versa - I’ll have the Kitchen and Dining Room synced and then as soon as a re-add the Bathroom, the Dining Room stops after 5 seconds. 

I have tried Airplay and all 3 work perfectly, but surely this can’t be the only solution?

They’re all on the latest update and I’ve factory reset them and the problem still persits. It’s increadibly furstrating as the whole point of getting this new speaker is it’s multi-room functionality. 

Thanks for the help!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 1 January 2021, 17:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Otherwise, how is your WiFi working? Are the speakers wired or wireless?

Hi Buzz, yeah WiFi is working perfectly. I have them all wireless - the speaker I am having trouble with is only a few metres away from the router, so assume that isn't where the problem is?

Hi Buzz, yeah WiFi is working perfectly. I have them all wireless - the speaker I am having trouble with is only a few metres away from the router, so assume that isn't where the problem is?

jepsonka

Some things to try (in no particular order) ...

• If you have the ‘Airtime Fairness’ feature on your router enabled, then try switching that off and see if that fixes it.
  • Ensure your 5ghz band and 2.4ghz WiFi bands are not ‘isolated’.
  • Check that the speaker(s) are not connected to a guest Wifi network - in fact it’s best to switch off any ‘guest networks’ to reduce possible wireless interference.