missing speakers all the time

• 27 April 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +4

Every time I launch the Sonos app, some of my speakers are missing.  It is not a constant speaker, it seems its always a different one.  Should I reset the entire app?  And for a missing speaker, do all I have to do is click the pairing button?  This is beyond frustrating as my entire system is never listed in full.  There is always at least one speaker missing.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Try rebooting your phone and router. If that doesn’t fix it, try connecting one speaker directly to your router with an ethernet cable.

Badge +4

The problem is every time I log on a different speaker is missing.  It is not aconsistent behavior.   It is beyond frustrating.  I have reset both the router and phone.

Userlevel 7

Are you able to connect one speaker to your router with an ethernet cable? 

Badge +4

I have not tried that but none of my speakers are near my router where an ethernet cable would reach.

Userlevel 7

You might consider getting a Sonos Boost. 

Badge +4

Do you find that to be more reliable than hooking up to the home wifi?

Userlevel 7

The Boost is designed for Sonos users in your situation where home Wi-Fi is not reliable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @benmitchell 

Thanks for your post!

@GuitarSuperstar is right in thinking that a Boost will probably solve these issues but I would recommend first getting in touch with our technical support team before spending any money - this could be a configuration or environmental issue that would cost nothing to fix. Our team will be able to “ask” your speakers what’s been going on.