Answered

MacOS Monterey 12.3.1 Unable to Access Music Library

• 2 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I recently updated to Monterey 12.13.1 and find that Sonos isn’t able to access my music library, no matter what I do.   I ensured all the sharing settings were correct (they were not changed), that Sonos has full filesystem access; I rebooted, screamed, nada.   

Sonos software version Version: 14.4 (build 67127100)

Anyone else having this problem?  Monterey is feeling more unstable and perhaps I need to downgrade back to Big Sur.

icon

Best answer by Forrest 2 April 2022, 06:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

For posterity, I found something that works.  BUT it does NOT explain why it got broken to begin with, which I’m blaming on Monterey.   But here’s the link in case someone else needs to go through this hellish problem:

The Computer refused to let Sonos connect to it

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

This issue happens repeatedly with MacOS Monterey.  For some unknown reason, Sonos loses the Music Library content and you have to both delete and re-establish the same library and wait for Sonos to index.  This is problematic, but it’s not clear where the issue lies.

Sonos?

I’m having the same problem using Monterey trying to access my Music Library. I repeatedly get a message saying “my computer name’ denied access to Sonos’. I’ve tried all the support pages, spent an hour on the phone with Sonos who blamed Apple. Spent an hour on the phone with Apple who said it’s a Sonos issue.

Sonos : ok for Spotify, rubbish at any other music source.