Answered

Mac controller stopped working. Something to do with OSX app version 11.2.6?

• 12 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

My system was fine but then I got a message about updating my OSX controller app and now it can’t connect to my Sonos system. The update failed, then worked then ??? I tried a few things, including re-downloading the controller from the Sonos website. My system still works through my iPhone but the OSX app can’t connect to my system despite me trying a bunch of things.

I have a suspicion that it might have to do with the fact that my Sonos system is on version 11.2.6 (based on system information in the iOS app) but you can only download 11.2.4 from the Sonos website. Can you get OSX controller version 11.2.6 from somewhere? Are Sonos just slow in updating their website? Am I barking up the wrong tree here?

icon

Best answer by James L. 12 March 2021, 12:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +17

Hi @Skippy kangaroo, thanks for reaching out.

The version you’re on likely has nothing to do with the issues you’re experiencing. You’re also correct that the download links appear to be returning an older version of the S1 desktop app, I’ve flagged this with our web team to investigate. If you want to redownload the S1 app, you can use this link to get S1 Version 11.2.6

I’d recommend giving our customer care team a call - they can take a much closer look at what’s happening with your Mac and work with you to get it connected again.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks - 11.2.6 didn’t help.

I’ll call when your support line is next open on Monday.