Answered

Line buzz when connected to Port

• 18 September 2021
  • 4 replies

I’ve just purchased and connected a Port to a turntable for use primarily with a Move but also on occasion with my play bar and Sub in another room.

Whenever I connect any of the devices I get a constant buzz, even when the turntable is switched off or not connected to the Port. 
I've tried turning the port off and reconnecting to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas?

icon

Best answer by buzz 18 September 2021, 17:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Are you saying that PORT buzzes with nothing connected to PORT except its power cord?

Sorry I wasn’t very clear. when the port is chosen as the music source for either my Sonos move or play bar the speaker has a buzzing sound. I have a turntable attached to the port and the buzz is persistent in the speaker, turntable on, off and also not connected. When I switch to another source away from the port (eg spotify) it stops. I’ve tried moving the port around and resetting to no avail.

Does the buzz track the Volume control? If PORT buzzes when only power is connected, there is a hardware issue that you should take up with SONOS support. There is a very slight possibility that a large nearby appliance or a power supply is inducing the buzz, but moving PORT would modify the buzz.

The buzz is similar in both scenarios. I’ll contact support on Monday. Thanks for your help