Answered

Issues with Vodafone broadband

• 16 May 2021
  • 1 reply

HI, i have been with vodafone for a few years and due to where I live have accepted slow broadband and constant dropouts but after it interrupted t football game i decided enough is enough and contacted there support and have they have been looking at the connection issues and have stated that

“ Sonos products talk amongst themselves and are crashing the connection in the router. This is a long standing issue that we are aware of and have not had any information form sonos as we need to work with them to get a fix in place.”

By connecting everything by LAN cables (running everywhere not looking good ) for the last 5 days it has stayed constantly connected but they cannot see the products connected to the router.

They are ringing me back in a week as i said i would try to find something out but have had no joy as all the products work but it crashes my internet connection.

Any Ideas?

Sonos Arc

Sonos One

Sonos Play 3

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 16 May 2021, 15:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I can’t understand why Sonos devices communicating locally would cause a Router to lose it’s Internet connection. 

By connecting everything by LAN cables (running everywhere not looking good ) for the last 5 days it has stayed constantly connected but they cannot see the products connected to the router.

Who or what is ‘they cannot see’?

Is it possible to connect one Sonos Device via an Ethernet cable and remove the wi-fi credentials in the Sonos App - this will then make your Sonos devices switch over to Sonos’s own Mesh, SonosNet.