Answered

Intermittent Sound Loss

• 10 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello ALL, 

I have recently been having issues where the sound from my Sonos ARC drops and doesn’t return until I switch the TV sound to internal TV speaker(s) and then back over to HDMI eARC - it does not return on its own.

This has happened a couple of times while watching a Blu-ray/4k movie but tends to happen a lot more while streaming movies/shows from Hulu, Prime Video, Discovery +, etc….More specifically, it happens when the streaming service goes into an add or at the beginning of a show/start of a new episode.

I have the Sonos ARC hooked up via the eARC HDMI port to my 65” (Model: 65NANO85UNA) LG NanoCell TV. The ARC, as well as the TV, are only a few months old. The Sonos worked fine at first but then started having this issue about a month after owning it, now it seems to be happening more often. 

My biggest challenge is determining whether or not it’s an issue with the TV or with the Sonos ARC. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you! 

Jack 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 10 May 2021, 17:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the TV and Arc from power for about a minute.