Answered

im really quite angry about this

Hello, 

my Sonos system, purchased in 2017 and comprising a play 3 and two play 1s, needs to be reset and router likewise each and every time I want to listen to music.

This is unbelievably frustrating - I have heard charges of so called ‘planned obsolescence’ levelled against Sonos.

I hope this is not the case, I would like an explanation however 

thanks 

icon

Best answer by controlav 17 April 2021, 14:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I don’t work in IT I’m afraid, the only daisy chains I’m familiar with are to be found at the Glastonbury fayre - I’m going to run a telephone cable from the BT box into the back of the larger speaker and see if that puts it in it’s place - thanks all for the advice 

The recommendation for the BT Smart Hub problem is to turn off the 5GHz radio on the router, until BT get their act together.

I’m going to run a telephone cable from the BT box into the back of the larger speaker and see if that puts it in it’s place

Ethernet (network) cable, not a telephone cable. The latter might go into the sockets but it won’t work correctly.

I don’t work in IT I’m afraid, the only daisy chains I’m familiar with are to be found at the Glastonbury fayre - I’m going to run a telephone cable from the BT box into the back of the larger speaker and see if that puts it in it’s place - thanks all for the advice 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The BT Smart Hub 2 has issues with Sonos. Can you add a proper router and daisy chain to it instead?

Is this the BT2 device that there are already several threads about? 

From what I can tell by reading these threads, BT pushed out a firmware update that broke many user’s connection to Sonos. Sonos has already stated in one or several of the threads that they’re talking with BT about it. 

BT Homehub (the newest one) fibre line straight into building - no extenders or power lines. Dont understand the channels comment 

Once again, what’s the make/model of the router? Do you have any wireless range extenders or powerlines in use? If 'Auto channel' is enabled in your router, then disable it and set a specific channel, either 1, 6 or 11.

Until now

I have run it over WiFi since purchase with no problems 

You are experiencing wireless interference. I presume you are running the system over WiFi or is either the Play:3 or one of the Play:1 (is it a stereo pair?) wired to the router? What’s the make/model of the router? Do you have any wireless range extenders or powerlines in use?