Answered

IDAGIO app crashes

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi there,

After the latest (very long awaited) Sonos app update, my IDAGIO app now crashes each time I try to connect it to the Sonos system (Sonos Connect). 

I’ve contacted IDAGIO support and they direct me to Sonos since all the inquiries came after the update. 

I’m using the latest version of iOS. 

Honestly guys, you’re not that much lucky with your app ☹️

icon

Best answer by Galbax 16 May 2021, 18:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 1

I am having the same problem. Was referred to Sonos support by Idagio also and Sonos unable to help. This happens on my iOS devices and my iMac. I can get to Idagio via the Sonos app, but this is not fully functional. The Idagio support person said to try using Air Play but my Sonos products do not support Air Play. Hoping someone can help

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Galbax exactly the same here. As always, Sonos support swipes away the problem for several months until they realize that a growing number of users are facing the same problem. That’s what happened with other issues after they issued the Sonos 2 app.

Neither can I use Airplay… or at least I don’t know how to connect the IDAGIO app to my Sonos Connect device.

Let’s see, if someone has a solution. Don’t expect Sonos to help :unamused:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Hartig The Sonos Connect is one of the devices that is not Airplay capable, so that would not be a solution for you.

I’m a bit amazed by your quick conclusion (within 8 hours of first posting your problem) Sonos is not going to help with this.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@106rallye I understand your point. Maybe I was to quick with my conclusion. I’m sorry. 
What I mean was that my experience so far with another issue took several months before Sonos even recognized it. They were, literally, ignored. Hopefully not this time. 

Thanks for clearing up that Sonos Connect is not AirPlay capable. I really didn’t know. 

I can’t speak for the actual IDAGIO App, as I don’t use/subscribe to it, but I have just tried both the ‘Spotify App’ and ‘Amazon Music App and both of those are currently working via their built-in Connect (API) interface with the latest Sonos update and each work fine via Apple Airplay too. 

Deezer/Apple Music and YouTube Music are all working on Airplay here aswell. 

So this seems to (perhaps) ‘infer’ that the problem is quite possibly confined to the IDAGIO API connection within their own App. If that is indeed the case, Sonos are not going to say anything publicly, as they will never mention issues that are partner related.

Userlevel 1

I can connect with the Spotify app and the Amazon app also. Just not with the Idagio app. So might well be an Idagio app issue. I am perplexed that I can’t connect with the Idagio app on my iMac either as it is not an iOS device. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Galbax maybe we both should contact IDAGIO support. As you write, it’s quite possibly an issue on their side. 

Userlevel 1

I have contacted IDAGIO again to suggest that the issue may be on their end. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Galbax I did the same. Let’s see what happens.

Userlevel 1

I heard back from IDAGIO. In short, the issue is not specific to IOS, and it is related to the last Sonos update. They are working on a fix which should be available within a week. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Galbax thanks. They told me the same. Let’s hope for the best.

Userlevel 1

I just downloaded IDAGIO app today and signed up. As you say, the app crashes every time I try to send it to SONOS. I tried doing it from iPad and the song just stopped playing. Sending via Air Play 2 works fine. Looking forward to resolution. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I just downloaded IDAGIO app today and signed up. As you say, the app crashes every time I try to send it to SONOS. I tried doing it from iPad and the song just stopped playing. Sending via Air Play 2 works fine. Looking forward to resolution. 

Perhaps you will consider reporting the issue to IDAGIO support. The more the better :wink:

Userlevel 1

The latest update to IDAGIO today did not fix the problem for me. I don’t know if it was intended to do so but in any event, I let them know. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Galbax me neither. However, IDAGIO support wrote to me that they have located the issue and expect to have a fix ready within a week or so. Thumbs up 👍 

Userlevel 1

IDAGIO app updated and seems to be working. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks d2h. I updated the mobile device updates and the app is now working. Not so for my iMac, but I haven’t seen an update for that yet. Hopefully soon. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks @d2h 

App updated and works like a breeze :grin:  However, I noticed that it’s necessary to delete the old version and re-install the new one.

Great news… and thanks to everybody for supporting to solve this annoying issue :thumbsup_tone2: