Question

How to play listen again on BBC Radio

• 30 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Not being a uk resident I can’t get or use their app. Is there another way to play Listen Again shows from their website other than Air2 which keeps dropping speakers (I have 7 symfonisks)? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @FoxCalgary, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for bringing this concern, let me help you out on this.

Upon checking, there are several BBC Radio stations on Sonos Radio. You check in other music services in the Sonos app if the station is available.

1. Tune-In
2. Global Player
3. Radio.com
4. Radio.net
5. Radioplayer
6. Absolute Radio 

You can also try to add the streaming URL in the Sonos app. First, you need to contact the station you wish to add directly is often the easiest way of finding the Streaming URL. Just make sure the stream is of one of the compatible formats; MP3, AAC or WMA.

Using the Sonos App for iOS or Android:

1. From the Browse tab, select Radio by TuneIn
  2. Tap My Radio Stations
  3. Tap the three dots in the top right and tap Add New Radio Station
  4. Enter the Streaming URL and Station Name and tap OK

Let us know how it goes, please be sure to let us know. We'll wait for your reply.

Badge

Hi Rowena, I have done all this and am successfully listening to LIVE BBC Radio, without any issue at all. What I am trying to achieve here is a bit different, I am trying to listen to old shows, in their ‘listen again’ section as per https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00zqcjv/episodes/player

or

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/genres/drama/crime/player 

Any ideas? I’d be SO happy if I could pull this off. 

Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @FoxCalgary, thank you for your quick response. I'm glad that you were able to listen to Live BBC Radio station and I appreciate you for sharing the links.

Upon checking, the links you provided are available in the Radio by TuneIn. Were you able to listen to their old shows? 

Streaming from old shows depends on the radio station if they have a LIVE streaming URL available to listen to it. You may try to reach back to the BBC and follow the steps below:

You can also try to add the streaming URL in the Sonos app. First, you need to contact the station you wish to add directly is often the easiest way of finding the Streaming URL. Just make sure the stream is of one of the compatible formats; MP3, AAC or WMA.

Using the Sonos App for iOS or Android:

1. From the Browse tab, select Radio by TuneIn
  2. Tap My Radio Stations
  3. Tap the three dots in the top right and tap Add New Radio Station
  4. Enter the Streaming URL and Station Name and tap OK

Let us know how it goes, please be sure to let us know. We'll wait for your reply.

We can wait for suggestions and feedback from our Sonos community members, they might have the same streaming experience to provide their own opinion about this. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know. The Sonos Community is always here to help.