Answered

Connecting Sonos Ones to Samsung TV?

• 2 December 2020
  • 8 replies

New to the community here, have been wanting a pair of Sonos Ones to create a home theatre / stereo surround sound for watching tv and Netflix. Lucky enough to get some for my bday today, but can’t seem to connect them to my Samsung smart TV?! 

what’s the deal?! 

the site suggests it’s possible to use the pair as surround sound / stereo and shows them placed in a lounge, in front of a tv and behind the lounge?

can anyone help me out?! Surely this is possible?!

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 2 December 2020, 11:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Hi.  Do you just have the Ones?  No Sonos soundbar?  

Hi John - yes 2 x new gen Sonos Ones.

Sorry, but you haven’t been deceived, you seem to have relied on your interpretation of a picture rather than read anything about the products.  Here is the Sonos homepage.  Click ‘for large TVs’ or ‘for smaller TVs’.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/home  

The Ones can be used as rear surround speakers to a Sonos Beam or Arc.

Or as a pair of stereo music speakers.

I definitely did rely on the content i saw and the sales conversation at retail store - clearly should have come onto this forum first. Where does it say that Sonos Ones only work with other products? 

so is there anyway to connect it? Bluetooth adapter or something? Or just buy an arc?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If you take a look at the product page for the One: One ( The Smart Speaker for Music Lovers | Sonos), it states the following:

“Pair two Sonos Ones together in the same room for stereo separation and more detailed sound. Use a pair as rear home theater surrounds with Playbar, Playbase, or Beam.”

The One does not have an analogue in, so you can't connect a non Sonos source with it.

To conclude: if you want to use One's for surround you need a Sonos soundbar (the site mentioned above should also mention the Arc as the Playbar and Playbase are no longer sold). If you want to go this way, One SL would have been the cheaper option, by the way. The only difference between de One and the One SL is the mircophone on the One, which is turned off in homecinema use.

I would go and talk to the store you bought the Sonos devices…..

the site suggests it’s possible to use the pair as surround sound / stereo and shows them placed in a lounge, in front of a tv and behind the lounge?

Can you provide a link that shows the image your referencing?

Userlevel 7

If you are referring to the below pic, then underneath the TV is a Sonos Arc, although it does stands out more in the white edition pic.

Without knowing exactly what was said when you bought them from the store, it’s hard to pass comment. However, if you said you were buying them to add as surrounds for your TV, they should have checked you owned either a playbar/arc/playbase/beam for them to work as surrounds.