Answered

Error 701 all speakers only effecting Pocket Casts

• 19 November 2020
  • 14 replies

Today, I noticed that most of my pocket casts won't play strangely Sirius, soundcloud, mixcloud and library all work with no issues.  I have about 12 podcasts, several sources and half of them throw the error 701.

I did, today, get my outside DSL line replaced, but again it works fine for all my other services.  Pocket Casts works fine from the app also.  I also reinstalled the sonos app and deleted and re-added the service no change

Diagnostic:. 1510266545

icon

Best answer by Mark P 19 November 2020, 17:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Insomnistache.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community and providing the diagnostic report, I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

Try unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug your Sonos devices back in.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I have the same problem. New podcast show up if you go to the podcast but don’t show up under new releases. And 701 error when playing newer episodes

Same error, speakers rebooted and nothing.  My router and network is not the issue, the speakers trying to play to podcast is hardwired. I can play using the pocket cast app and air playing to a speaker(s) though. So to me that indicates a sonos software issue.  I am also at the latest sonos software, just updated it. Same issue.  Speaking I’m trying to play it on is “Gym”

diag: 276875901

I am having the same issue.  I actually noticed that older (than yesterday) podcasts play fine.  It seems the problem is only limited to “newer” podcasts.  I too have tried everything that was mentioned in the 701 troubleshooting article.  I listen to my podcasts exclusively through the speakers, so I would love to know what to do next.

Diag: 594837815

I am having the same issue.  I actually noticed that older (than yesterday) podcasts play fine.  It seems the problem is only limited to “newer” podcasts.  I too have tried everything that was mentioned in the 701 troubleshooting article.  I listen to my podcasts exclusively through the speakers, so I would love to know what to do next.

Actually, I see an issue was identified with PocketCasts.  I will check back to see the status.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @brahamt.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Your right theirs an ongoing issue with Pocket Cast I already forwarded this thread to our development team.

We don't have a timeline we can share for this feature, but we'll be sure to make an announcement if we have any updates.

Chatted with a Sonos agent just a little earlier due to this exact same issue I’ve been having since yesterday. The reboot/disconnect stuff that everyone would do anyway isn’t doing anything. 

Same issue, lost an hour yesterday dealing with this issue. Please fix ASAP.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @oats.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

Our team is coordinating right now with the developer of Pocket Casts we will update this thread once all are good.

Thank you for understanding.

This appears to be resolved for me now @Mark P - thanks.

This issue is resolved for me.  Not sure if Sonos or pocket casts fixed it.  I did reset my gateway and router.

Also fixed for me.

Fixed over here as well.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi Guys.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Just to close this thread Yes Sonos confirmed that the issue for Pocket Casts was already been resolved.

Chears.