Answered

DTS problem while playing a Bluray Disc on PS4

• 19 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I tested today the DTS sound with a Bluray Disc via a PS4 with my Playbase but the sound is hacked ( not continious). In the sound settings of the PS4, i did opt for the dts format.

Does anyone know a solution for this problem?

Best regards,

monte03

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 19 November 2021, 20:14

View original

5 replies

Same DTS problem with nvida shield + Arc. Stuttering sound.

Beam (Gen 1) with nvida shield DTS sound is ok. Must be a sotware issue :-(

Userlevel 7

While the disc is playing on the PS4, have you pressed the Options button > Settings > Audio Format and set it to Bitstream (Direct)?

While the disc is playing on the PS4, have you pressed the Options button > Settings > Audio Format and set it to Bitstream (Direct)?

Hello, no i opted in the sound settings of the PS4 for DTS. But I will try bitstream direct.

Thanks for your help

Userlevel 7

Hello, no i opted in the sound settings of the PS4 for DTS. But I will try bitstream direct.

Thanks for your help

There are two separate audio settings that you need to set on the PS4:

1. Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings > Audio Format (Priority) > Bitstream (DTS)
  1. While the disc is playing, press the Options button on the PS4 controller, select Settings > Audio Format > Bitstream (Direct).
Badge

Hello, I have the same problem with the PS5, games and blu-ray disc movies. The sound is not continious by hdmi arc.