Answered

Dolby Atmos (Sonos Arc) Not Working - Samsung 82” QLED Q70R

• 5 April 2021
  • 3 replies

I have an 11 month old, Samsung 82” QLED Q70R. I recently purchased the new Sonos Arc and I can not get Dolby Atmos to work. 

TV Setup - I have the Arc connected to the TV via the HDMI 4 (ARC) using the HDMI cable Sonos provided with the speaker. (It’s not and eARC port, but according to Samsungs website it supports Dolby Digital+ and Atmos. In the TV’s “expert” sound settings, I have the Dolby Atomos Compatibility box checked, and when I connected the Sonos Arc it said “Atmos enabled device detected.” Yet when I go to the Digital Output Audio For… setting, it only allows me to select Dolby Digital. 

I am currently using an Xbox 1s and Apple TV 4K for streaming, Netflix, HBOMAX, HULU, Disney+, etc. When I go to the XBOX settings, I have HDMI Audio set to Bitsream Out. However, when I go to the Bitstream format setting, whenever I select Dolby Atmos for home theater or DTS:X for home theater, I get a message that says: “Your receiver doesn’t support Dolby Atmos for home theater”

Sonos products used- I have a Sonos Arc, Sonos Sub (gen1), and 2- Play3’s used as my rear surrounds. I have never had any issues getting my Sonos products to work. What Am I Missing??? 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 5 April 2021, 05:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Can you currently get Dolby Atmos from your TV’s native Netflix app?

Wow! It works on the Native App!!! I just turned on David Attenborough - A Life On Our Planet and it now says “Dolby Atmos” in the Sonos App!!! 

Thank you GuitarSuperstar! <3

Userlevel 7

Regarding the Apple TV 4K, this is from Apple’s website:

“Apple TV 4K uses a high bandwidth form of Dolby Atmos that doesn’t work over ARC connections.”

Not sure about the Xbox.