Answered

Connect does not connect, since upgrading to S2.

• 26 February 2021
  • 14 replies

• Contributor I
  • 7 replies

Since upgrading to S2, connect stopped working. call tech support. they say I have to replace the unit. Is this normal? 

icon

Best answer by James L. 5 March 2021, 09:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7

Do you have the Connect (Gen 1) or Connect (Gen 2)? The former isn’t compatible with the S2 app.

It is GEn2. It was working fine until we upgraded to S2

Userlevel 7

Is the top button on the front a mute button or play/pause button? What is the serial number?

Top button is play/pause ...it doesn't let me reset using the vol- and play button, that's when the tech said I have to replace

Serial949F3EB7F028F

Userlevel 7

Try to reset just using the play/pause button and follow these instructions:

1. Unplug the power cord.
  2. Press and hold the  PlayPauseButton-Filled-28px.png Play/Pause button while you reconnect the power cord.
  3. Continue holding the button until the light flashes orange and white.
  4. The light will flash green when the process is complete and the product is ready to be set up.

Tried that too, not doing anything, white light stays on

Userlevel 7

Try going through these steps: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3406?language=en_US

Not sure how that helps for connect device which is connected to router using cable.

Userlevel 7

Did you reboot your router? Have your tried setting it up not wired to the router?

Userlevel 7

Serial949F3EB7F028F

Is there a 4-digit number listed before this?

Yes there is D101 1809C 94-9f-e3-B7-F0-28-F

When I connected at home, it stayed for a few minuttes and then goes back to solid light and does not connect. Weird thing is the ethernet ports light up too even though there is no cable plugged in

Badge +17

Yes there is D101 1809C 94-9f-e3-B7-F0-28-F

When I connected at home, it stayed for a few minuttes and then goes back to solid light and does not connect. Weird thing is the ethernet ports light up too even though there is no cable plugged in

Hey @hebr

I’d highly recommend getting in touch with our customer care team. In my experience, Ethernet lights lighting up when nothing it connected is a sign of the product failing to boot correctly. The support agent you speak to will be able to verify this and let you know what to do next.

Let us know how you get on.

Edit: I see you’ve already done this… If they’ve suggested a replacement then yes, that sounds like the way it should be. If you need further clarification my suggestion still stands; get back in touch with them with your queries and they should be able to explain.

The issue I have is, the system was working fine until I upgraded to S2, where it crashed my connect device. Your support want to replace with a device of the older model which already has a new replacement and offering a 30% discount,  not sure why I cannot use the same discount and upgrade to a new device, which you are not allowing me to do. in a few months you will stop supporting Connect, at which point I have to upgrade to another device.

Sonos customer service is pathetic for the products they have. I do not see how they even retain clients this way. I would rather move on to a better company which helps the clients more than just try to keep selling outdated products