Answered

Confirning Sony X900H audio out settings for Sonos AMP

• 23 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Sonos AMP seems to be working great but I want to ensure my settings are optimized. Here they are, please confirm or suggest settings. I’m using Paradigm Studio 20 V2 Bookshelf speakers

Audio system prioritization is on

A/V sync is set to auto

EARC is set to off

Digital audio out set to auto 1 output compressed audio with change vs PCM

Digital audio out volume is set to max

Dolby Digital plus output is set to Dolby digital

Passthrough mode is set to auto

are these the correct/optimized settings?

thanks

Robert

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 23 February 2021, 04:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

If it helps, here are the Sony definition for the choices above. 

Auto 1 - The TV passes-through any compressed audio to your output device. The external audio device will decode the audio for you.

Auto 2 - The TV passes-through any compressed multi-channel audio to your output device (same as above), but other compressed audio content is decoded by your TV, and the TV sends the resulting decoded, uncompressed audio to your output device. (I am not sure if the TV considers 2.0 Stereo audio to be 'multi-channel' or not)

PCM - The TV handles the decoding of compressed audio, and then sends the resulting decoded uncompressed audio to the output device

Userlevel 7

If you are just using a pair of speakers with your Amp, your current settings look correct. You could experiment with the different Digital Audio Out settings to see if one setting sounds better than the others.