Answered

Choppy sound

• 10 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,
I’ve had my beam and 2 SL ones for a few years now. As of tonight the sound gets choppy after a few seconds of audio of all kinds (streaming, local computer music, music cast to the TV directly).

I’ve eliminated a computer problem (Smart Tv Netflix was choppy) and the sound works fine when sound comes out of anything but speakers (headphones).

TV sounds works fine when the setup from Sonos is disconnected, and I’ve reset the system to no improvement.

I usually use the whole setup wireless, so I tried with ethernet and the problem got worse, which I didn’t think was possible.

I really hope it’s not a replace the beam situation, if any help can be provided I’d appreciate it.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 10 January 2022, 22:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Have you perhaps tried powering everything off (not standby) for a couple of minutes - Router/TV/Speakers and then bringing them back online, Router first, to see if that may resolve your issue?

Have you perhaps tried powering everything off (not standby) for a couple of minutes - Router/TV/Speakers and then bringing them back online, Router first, to see if that may resolve your issue?

Thanks for the answer. Had already done so, but tried doing it again, made sure I didn’t miss anything. 5~ Mins off etc..

Same result.

Userlevel 7

How is the Beam connected to the TV? You might try replacing the HDMI cable or connecting the Beam to the TV’s optical port using the optical adapter.

How is the Beam connected to the TV? You might try replacing the HDMI cable or connecting the Beam to the TV’s optical port using the optical adapter.

Good call! I was connected with the optical port, I tried with HDMI only and it’s all cleared up, I’ll try fiddling with the optical adapter and see. 

Thanks for the help!