Answered

Chime alarm instead of Spotify playlist

• 8 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi community,

In the last days/weeks (wasn’t home for holidays, can’t tell when it exactly started), my usual alarm using Spotify playlist “wake up and smell the coffee” (about 100 songs I would say) doesn’t start and instead chime alarm runs.

when I take the Sonos app on the phone and start the exact same playlist, music starts normally.

Based on previous posts, I can exclude the internet connection problems, I checked it,  the Spotify account is premium and the playlist is official Spotify with not too much songs.

I’ll continue my investigation but if someone has ideas, feel free to share.

best regards

david

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 8 January 2021, 21:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @dlegrand.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

Typically, when an alarm defaults to chime, it's because it cannot access the music that has been set for that alarm, most often, this is due to interference.

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system,  it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

If you have any questions,  feel free to reach out.

Thanks, I’m not sure if it’s my action or something else but I deleted the alarm and recreated it and the problem was solved. 👍

Hey!

I’ve been having the same issue with sonos chime playing as an alarm though i’ve set a specific Spotify playlist to play all day long nonstop (around 1000 songs on repeat and shuffle). Also, tried resetting the alarm, but still chime keeps being played. 

I’ve set around 5 alarms at different times to start a playlist during the whole day 24/7 IN CASE the playlist has had some issues and stopped working at some point (which has happened even though the settings have been set to “shuffle” and “repeat” the songs and that’s the reason for setting up all these alarms so the music couldn’t be quiet for long time as i’m using it at the common lobby area of an accommodation building). 

I’ve now submitted diagnostics, confirmation number: 520177397 . Sonos, I’ll be kindly waiting for your feedback and actions to fix this annoying problem that has been occurring too often. 

All the best and thanks!

:)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hey!

I’ve been having the same issue with sonos chime playing as an alarm though i’ve set a specific Spotify playlist to play all day long nonstop (around 1000 songs on repeat and shuffle). Also, tried resetting the alarm, but still chime keeps being played. 

I’ve set around 5 alarms at different times to start a playlist during the whole day 24/7 IN CASE the playlist has had some issues and stopped working at some point (which has happened even though the settings have been set to “shuffle” and “repeat” the songs and that’s the reason for setting up all these alarms so the music couldn’t be quiet for long time as i’m using it at the common lobby area of an accommodation building). 

I’ve now submitted diagnostics, confirmation number: 520177397 . Sonos, I’ll be kindly waiting for your feedback and actions to fix this annoying problem that has been occurring too often. 

All the best and thanks!

:)

Hi @Emvy 

I recommend you get directly in touch with our support team - they’ll give you some network specific advice for resolving this problem.

Thanks. Will do :fingers_crossed_tone3:!

Uf, unfortunately there’s no support in my country- Estonia. I’d like to e-mail the customer support as the chat bot doesn’t get to the specific problem my device has but there seems to be no general customer support e-mail available.

Any other options to get solutions to my problem...?