Question

Can't play Mp3 files on my phone - track 'is no longer available

• 6 October 2020
  • 7 replies

I just got the speakers a few days ago and they're amazing BUT I can't play mp3 files on my phone or my wife's phone. 

We've got a cable modem feeding an Orbi router and an Orbi satellite, and I've got the arc/OneSL 5.1 surround sound in one room and two Fives in other rooms. I've got a Galaxy A50 and my wife has a Galaxy S9+.

We both just installed the Sonos app, speakers all updated when we set them up. No other devices in the house are having WiFi or internet issues. Spotify works fine, Pandora works fine, TV works fine.

I tried hard to find a solution before coming here, and all I could really find was to restart the router, restart the speakers, and submit a diagnostic report. 

Here's the diagnostic report: 60357767. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to try to get these working. 

Edit: Here's another diagnostic after restarting the router and the speaker in one room:1182141057. Still doesn't work. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @saundecp, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for your detailed post and for sharing the diagnostic reports with us. Let help you with this.

Upon checking on this, we have identified that Sonos unable to play music from Android devices is due to how the Operating system works. Playlists from the native music application on the Android device won't necessarily be available via "on this device" though Sonos.

We are always working to improve the functionality. We don’t have exact timing to share at this point and will update this thread when we do.

In the meantime, you can use a third-party music app to manage your stored music. 

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions.

You're always welcome here.

@Rowena B. - there's an entire support article about how this is possible, and I'm meeting all the requirements. What gives?

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3198?language=en_US

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @saundecp, thank you for your response and for visiting our support website.

You're correct. You can play music stored on your Android device that can be played on your Sonos system using the Sonos app. Due to the Android Operating System update, we identified that this feature is not working.

We do apologize for the inconvenience. We are continuously working to improve the functionality of this feature and will keep you posted on this.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

@Rowena B. do you know which update caused the issue? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @saundecp, thank you for your response.

We don't have the information yet to share with you at the moment.
We are always working to improve the functionality and actively working on improving this experience. 

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions.

Dears, do you have an ETA on the fix? I do have the same error with the amp.

Operating system is Android 10, One UI 2.5, Samsung S10+ Exynos

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @henry home, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Sonos community. 

We really appreciate your time and effort in working on this. I understand that an issue must be resolved as soon as possible. In this specific scenario, we are still awaiting an update from our engineers for the development but as of this writing, we haven't received any. Our engineers are actively working to resolve this. Please bear with us while our team is working towards a resolution. It will be resolved in a future software update but we don't have any time frames to share right now. 

If you need help with any other information, please feel free to reach out. The Sonos community is always here to help.